This 2 hour course is ran by Mermaids, the charity that supports children and young people with gender dysphoria.
The training session will:
- Understanding gender identity and gender diversity: what it means to be trans or gender non-conforming
- LGBT+ terminology
- Challenges faced by LGBT young people: isolation, bullying and discrimination, family issues, social situations, mental health, transitioning while at school etc.
- Transition pathways, including healthcare
- Changing names, systems and forms
- Legal responsibilities: The Equality Act, hate crime incidents, transphobia, managing single-sex spaces
- Improving LGBT+ equality and diversity: policies, guidance, recommended resources
This event is a webinar, run online. Please RSVP to the event and we will email you a link to our course paperwork. Once we have received this back from you, we will send you out a link that will allow you to access the webinar.
To make this webinar effective we have capped the number of places on the webinar. Please do not RSVP to the event unless you are committed to attending.
October 27, 2020 at 4:00pm - 6pm
Sorry, this event is sold out.