Online to Picket Line: A UNISON North West Disputes Team seminar to reflect upon experiences of organising disputes during a pandemic. The seminar will feature a mixture of guest speakers, panel discussion and workshops.
This seminar will examine examples from UNISON North West and further afield of organising disputes during the last 18 months.
The seminar will cover the new organising techniques which have been adopted to boost member participation. We will look at lessons learned, including the difficulty of reaching non-members and escalating disputes with limited opportunities for face-to-face activity.
We will assess what techniques we will continue to use post-pandemic and what we will change.
Speakers TBC. Sessions will cover:
-Strikers' own experiences of leading disputes this year.
- The right to protest and changes in legislation.
- The potential for a national NHS pay dispute.
- Lessons on remote organising from UNISON North West's experience during the pandemic.
- The history of industrial disputes.
- How to gain trade union recognition through industrial dispute.
This seminar will take place online via zoom- registration is required. The seminar will begin at 10am and there will be a break for lunch at 12pm. Workshops will take place from 1.30pm-2.30pm and 6.30pm-7.30pm respectively. Attendees are welcome to participate in either or both workshop slots.