Online Branch Officer courses
These 1 day courses are in a virtual classroom using Zoom.
This course is aimed at newly elected Branch Secretaries, more experienced Branch Secs are welcome to join. It will explain the role and where to find advice and guidance.
The course will cover:
- The Unison Branch
- Key Responsibilities
- Branch Leader in a Future Union
- Tackling Issues
- Organising in your Branch
This course is aimed at newly elected Branch Chairs, more experienced Branch Chairs are welcome to join. It will explain the role and where to find advice and guidance.
- Describe the role of the UNISON Branch Chair
- Be familiar with UNISON’s rules of proportionality and fair representation
- Prepare effectively for a meeting
- Set an effective agenda
- Facilitate meetings
- Understand the rules of debate and voting
- Identify your own development needs