Member Learning Offer – Your skills, your future workshop – Saturday 18th July – Rochdale UNISON Branch
This was the second workshop following on from the success of the Facing Change Together one in March 2015.
Numbers were restricted as it was felt there was too big a group at the last one. We had a couple of apologies and DNAs and that was initially a concern. However, two members joined on the last minute and made up the shortfall. One actually turned up on the day hoping for a place. This meant we had a manageable, good size group.
The workshop went really well with members interacting with each other and participating fully both in group work and individually. Most said they were happy to give up a Saturday to do something away from the work environment that was productive and socially pleasurable.
Comments from evaluation included:
- Improved confidence
- Meeting other members was great
- Sharing experiences was beneficial
- Helped in reviewing current and future skill needs
- Gave thinking space away from work
- Improved belief in self
Most had improved learning outcomes by the end of the workshop and they agreed the content was well delivered with members feeling welcomed and relaxed.
- Signposting to further learning opportunities
- Identifying learning and skill needs
- Raising awareness of UNISON member benefits
- Bringing members together – satisfying the organising agenda.
I did have a member discreetly enquiring about becoming an activist so fingers crossed!
Report by Audrey Price Branch Education and Life Long Learning Coordinator