Delegates are encouraged to attend this inspirational, informative and educational event.
North West Regional Women’s Conference
Saturday 23 July 2016
9.30am to 4.00pm
UNISON Regional Centre, Arena Point, 1 Hunts Bank, Manchester M3 1UN
Women, Immigration and Public Services
The theme of this year’s conference is the contribution of women from overseas in the delivery of public services.
The day will include:
- Prof Elizabeth Anionwu, Emeritus Professor of Nursing at the University of West London and Vice Chair of the Mary Seacole statue appeal.
- A number of overseas nurses sharing their experiences of working in the NHS.
- A performance of a play about asylum seekers followed by discussions on immigration.
- A discussion about branch women’s group motions to the national women’s conference.
- A screening of the film ‘Suffragette’.
Delegates are encouraged to attend this inspirational, informative and educational event to learn a little more about women in the NHS, the issues around immigration and a number of practical ways to support workplace members and tackle racism in the workplace.
Please note that it is necessary to register for this event through your branch, and the deadline for the receipt of registration forms is midday on Friday 15 July.
Branch contact information is available here or if you have any questions regarding conference arrangements contact Rona Ellison at Rona.Ellison@clatterbridgecc.nhs.uk or Elizabeth Cameron on 07825132907.