Our Wirral branch education team met this week to plan activities for members and communities over the coming months. The group was supported by Lorraine Mirhim from UNISON centre who explained the national member learning offer - free workshops available to UNISON members and supporters to aid personal and professional development. Plans include:
- Publicising to branch members the Women's Lives course starting in Liverpool on 19th April
- Promoting the Return to Learn course to gauge interest from members with a view to running the fantastic 12 week course for Wirral members later this year
- Hosting 2 member development 1 day workshops for the branch - 4th June and 18th June - Your skills Your Future and Power to be You. These will help to engage new learners and promote the positive benefits of being in UNISON
- Promoting learning with UNISON at Adult Learners Week and signposting members to lifelong learning and the colleges to develop skills
- Raising the possibility of opening a new learning centre
Lorraine Mirhim - national membership development officer, Paul Wiggins - retired members section and ULR, Dave Hardcastle - lifelong learning coordinator and ULR, Gill Whitfield, Carol Munns, Diane Moore - ULRs. Also present: Amanda Callender - ULR, Tom Jenkins - Learning Organiser, Nick Bower - branch officer and health and safety officer.