We have a variety of FREE learning offers for members
Each year we offer free places to members on our
- Women’s Lives - women members come together in fortnighlty study groups over 12 sessions to improve writing and research skills and learn famous women throughout history creative writing, interviewing skills
- Return to learn Programmes - members come together over 16 sessions in study groups and learn how to improve study skills, writing reading researching and dealing with numbers
We also have our Saturday learning Club Courses
- Using Social Media – making the most of the internet - Do you have some experience of using a computer but would like some hints and tips for making the most of the internet? Come along to any or all of three sessions from getting started to advanced – to get yourself more confident with using the internet email and social media – includes tips on which web sites are safe, security settings and using the internet to save money.
- Coping with Change – facing change together - Are things changing at work? Come along and meet other members and talk about ways we can find mutual support and practical ideas to help with change or uncertainty and where to go in the union for further support and advice
- Presentation Skills – Your Skills your future - Are you feeling stuck in your current job? Come along and meet other members for an opportunity to explore the skills you have and the share ideas about how to develop new skills and make the most of the ones you’ve got. Whether you want to develop at work, in your personal life or in the union – this workshop is for you!
- Welcome to UNISON – getting started - interested in finding out more about UNISON – come along and meet other new members for an introduction to our great union. Find out more about the role of a member, how we work together to make changes and ways of getting involved
Dates are advertised in our course calendar – but if your branch wants a local course they should speak directly to Helen Steve or Kim on 0161 661 6777