This course is designed for Branch Treasurers and members who are interested in the role of branch finances.
The course runs for two days and involves individual activities, group work and discussion as well as finding out information from your employer and outside sources. It is NOT designed to make the learner a ‘financial expert’ but to introduce them to some of the key issues facing individuals, the trade union and the employing organisation. In particular, the course aims to help the learner to:
- Understand branch finances
- Work with the branch to establish transparency in financial transactions
- Develop protocols for budget setting and procurement
- Develop a budgeting framework
- Understand the role of budgeting and organising within a framework of UNISON’s objectives
- To enable branch treasurers to promote an organising union through branch budgeting
Another aim of this course, for UNISON, is to develop a new layer of activism amongst members, which introduces organising around finance.
See all events
This two day event is for experienced branch officers, Branch Secretaries, Branch Treasurers and those with direct responsibilities for Branch finances and usually takes place in January or February each year
This event does not constitute initial basic training for Branch treasurers, which is a separate module held in April and October of each year.
Blackpool Hilton Hotel – beginning with registration from 4pm on Friday and ending at 4pm on Saturday
- Course registration fees are £80 per residential place and £40 per non reisdential place, Branches will be invoiced after the event. Branches are responsible too for the payment of travel subsistance and any expenses to cover dependant relative care. The registration fee includes all meals and intersession refreshments - any extras to these must be paid for by the individual at the time of ordering or upon departure from the hotel.
See all events