This is a bespoke course designed to support UNISON members working in clinical settings and may also support members in social care. The learning style is relaxed and informal, and discussion is encouraged as an important way of learning numeracy and maths.
Course content includes a range of numeracy topics:
- Written calculations for drug calculations
- Understanding observation charts
- Using time sheets correctly
- Correctly calculating ages using dates of birth
- Correctly completing fluid balance charts
If there is an area for development you would like added to the course please let us know on the application form and we will develop a unit of work to cover this.