We are delighted to offer to all our members a one day taster programme designed to develop more confidence in using the internet. Whether you are just getting started with computers, or have some knowledge already, the aim is to support you with some new information and guide you through any areas of difficulty.
Before the course, we ask you to complete a short survey to identify your current skills so that we can adjust the programme to suit. We cover a range of areas, examples including:
- accessing and finding your way through web pages
- using search engines
- printing pages from the web
- dealing with 'pop ups'
- understanding viruses and cookies
- saving photos from cameras
- using email and attachments
- staying safe online and parental controls
The course is delivered by a fully qualified tutor from the Workers' Educational Association. See below for dates and times. This course is also offered in branches where there is significant demand.