Tasks relating to the post of branch welfare officer (www.unison.org.uk/welfare):
- to ensure that branch officers, stewards and workplace representatives, and also employers, have regular up-to date-information about UNISON Welfare and its range of services
- to ensure that members seeking welfare assistance receive a prompt, supportive and effective response
- to liaise and co-ordinate with regional and national levels to ensure that UNISON Welfare support is provided effectively
- to undertake training and seek advice from UNISON Welfare where necessary
- to develop and implement local welfare activity
- to develop links with local charities and sources of support such as Citizen’s Advice Bureau and women’s refuges.