Tasks relating to the post of branch education co-ordinator:
- To make sure all new stewards and safety representatives receive initial information andguidance about their duties, e.g. stewards handbook, rulebook, service conditions agreements, etc
- To publicise the range of educational and training opportunities available to members and activists
- To get untrained stewards, safety representatives and other branch officers onto appropriate training courses
- To co-ordinate and support the work of learning representatives to encourage branch members and activists to make use of the UNISON Open College courses, especially ‘Return to Learn’ and ‘Women, Work and Society’
- To maintain contact with the regional education officer/regional education committee
- To establish a plan of training for activists and to produce an annual budget to meet its costs
- To keep records of what training has been undertaken and by whom within the branch
- To make sure that activists get paid time off for training where appropriate.
Click here for details about training to help undertake this role.