This course is aimed at any Union Rep, Steward, H&S Rep, ULR or Branch Officer who is interested in equality issues
The aims of this course are:
- To introduce the concepts of equality, equal opportunities, diversity and positive action
- To raise your awareness of the opportunities the equalities legislation provides to identify inequality and ensure that issues are dealt with
- To improve your knowledge of the tools you can use to engage with your employer on tackling discrimination and promoting equality
- To explore how an organising approach can be taken to tackling equality issues in the workplace.
- To build confidence in working in partnership with employers and anticipating any challenges
- To develop realistic action plans
3 day block
A 3 day block course for any reps or branch officers interested in equality issues in their workplace or branch.