UNISON will be participating in a one-day conference in central Manchester on 23rd April 2013 to highlight the impact of austerity policies on older people and promote policies for an ageing society.
23rd April 2013, 10am – 4pm
Manchester Town Hall
This conference will feature a range of speakers from national organisations and campaigns, including:
- David Brindle, Public Services Editor, The Guardian
- Helga Pile, National Officer for Social Care, UNISON
- Chris Phillipson, Professor of Sociology and Social Gerontology, University of Manchester
- John Ashton, President elect of the Faculty of Public Health of the Royal College of Physicians
- Jay Ginn, Visiting Professor at the Institute of Gerontology, Kings College London
Workshop sessions will include discussions on pensions, care services, working lives, age discrimination and local campaigning.
More information and registration details to follow soon.
The event is sponsored by North West TUC, Unison North West, UNITE, PCS, ASLEF, the North West Pensioners Association and Manchester City Council.